Crunchy and Cooling Chickpea Salad with Fennel, Cucumber and Celery
RECIPE BY KEVIN O'CONNOR MAY 29th, 2020
Crunchy, Quick and Cool (as a cucumber). All crunchy and cooling ingredients make up this salad that can actually be made a day ahead.
- 2 cups of cooked chickpeas/garbanzo beans
- ½ English cucumber, peeled and diced (~1 cup)
- 1 small bulb of fennel and its greens, diced (~1 cup)
- 2 stalks of celery, diced (~1 cup)
- Pale green celery leaves
- 1 teaspoons salt
- 1 lemon for juice (2 tablespoons)
- 3 tablespoons California Mild EVOO
1. Toss all ingredients together and allow to marinate for thirty minutes or overnight before serving. Garnish with extra celery leaves and frilly green fennel tops.