5 Snacks That Take 5 Minutes
BY KEVIN O'CONNOR MAY 22nd, 2020
- Hummus - Simply blending garbanzo beans with lemon, EVOO, and salt will give you a great base hummus to work with. We always like to have hummus around to dip veggies or crackers in to or use on wraps and sandos. Chef Kevin adds roasted garlic to his hummus.
- Olive Oil PB Toast with strawberries - A bit of an adult PBJ if you will. Toasted sourdough gets drizzled with EVOO before getting slathered with peanut butter and topped with sliced strawberries (or fresh fruit).
- Popcorn - Our all-time, most favorite, go-to snack. You may never use butter again. Here's our version.
- Bread and EVOO - Of course, the old standby! You’ve probably had balsamic in your olive oil before, but try adding some freshly chopped herbs, cracked pepper, toasted fennel seed, sliced garlic, dried oregano, grated parmesan, chopped roasted peppers or crushed pistachios. Add a chunk of cheese and a glass of wine and it’s basically a meal. Make sure you’re using nice bread and of course, an award-winning EVOO like Cobram Estate.
- Crudités - Just a fancy word for raw veggies drizzled with a robust EVOO and sprinkled with salt. We like a plate with a colorful mix of raw fennel, radishes, carrots, lettuces, asparagus, snap peas, jicama, cucumber, etc. For a California vibe on your crudité add a bit of lime juice and chili powder.