Grilled Ny Steak with Farro and Walnut Salad
- 4 rib-eye steaks
- 1 eggplant
- 1 cup cooked farro
- handful of walnuts
- 1 head radicchio, torn into pieces
- Cobram Estate EVOO
- juice of 1 blood orange
- 12 olives, pitted
- 1/3 cup grated pecorino
- Cobram Estate EVOO aioli [Link to the recipe]
- *Feeds 4
Equipment: Charcoal barbecue with smoking chips (preferably whiskey flavor)
1. Heat your charcoal barbecue for at least 15–30 minutes before you start to cook.
Place the steaks on the grill, putting a little pressure on them to get the grill marks started. Add the eggplant, skin side down if halved, and cook for 5 minutes on one side, then turn the steaks and eggplant and cook the other side for another 5 minutes. Remove from the grill and rest for a few minutes before slicing.
2. Combine the farro, walnuts and radicchio in a bowl and drizzle generously with EVOO. Squeeze over the blood orange juice and add the olives, pecorino, then grate over the chargrilled eggplant. Season to taste with salt.
3. Serve the sliced steak with farro salad (*Add link to recipe) and EVOO aioli (*Add link to recipe.)