BY KEVIN O'CONNOR MAY 8th, 2020
One Pan Crispy Kale and Egg Bake
Quick breakfasts can still be fulfilling! This one pan bake with kale, eggs, feta and some spice is the perfect thing to stack on some olive oil toast in the morning. Serves 4-6
- 6 loosely packed cups of Dino/Lacinato kale that has been removed from the stems and chopped
- ¼ cup California Select EVOO, plus a bit more for the pan
- 6 farm fresh eggs
- 4 oz crumbled feta
- A teaspoon or so of berbere spice (you can substitute dry harissa, chili powder, etc)
- Preheat the oven to 375F. Start by massaging the chopped kale with ¼ cup of EVOO and a few pinches of salt in a mixing bowl. Lightly grease a sheet tray with a drizzle of EVOO.
- Spread the massaged kale evenly across the sheet tray. It should be a thin layer. Make a few small “nests” for the eggs. Crack the eggs in to the nests and transfer the sheet tray to the oven. Bake for fifteen minutes, or until kale is cooked and starting to crisp.
- Remove the tray from the oven and sprinkle with berbere spice, another pinch of salt for the eggs, and a sprinkling of the crumbled feta. Freshly chopped herbs, if you’ve got them, are definitely welcome here.