Pickled Jalapeno and Bacon Salsa
*Notes: Big Sur; part of Breakfast Heirloom Tomato Shakshuka recipe
- 9 strips bacon (eight for the shakshuka)
- 2 pickled jalapeno peppers
- Juice of 1/2 lemon
- Cobram Estate EVOO
- 10 chives, finely chopped
- *Serves 4
1. Place strips of cooked bacon and jalapenos in cast-iron on the grill. Cover with lid and cook for 15 minutes.
2. Dice jalapeno chilies and bacon; toss into a bowl.
Squeeze the lemon juice over the diced jalapeno and bacon and season with a little salt and EVOO. Stir through the chives.